Terms & Conditions
| jan 11, 2022 |
Our Commitment to You
Thrive takes pride in providing excellent health care. Our reputation rests on our steadfast pursuit of this policy in researching, collaborating, and delivering our committed health care. Our patients receive respectful care and are not discriminated against on the basis of age, gender, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual preference, or health status.
You have the right to see the health care professional of your choice (chiropractor, physiotherapists, massage therapist, nutritionist, somatic therapist, strength & conditioning coach, etc.), obtain a second opinion, and refuse treatment or training. Please talk to our reception staff if you would like to provide feedback or make a complaint.
Your Commitment to Us
In order to achieve outstanding treatment results, we require an equal commitment from you. Take the time to read all of our Terms and Conditions as clarity, communication, and understanding will ensure that we’re always on the same page and achieving the best outcome possible.
All of our professional recommendations are based on the information provided by you, an objective and expert Health Care Professional (ie. chiropractic, physiotherapy, massage therapist, nutritionist, somatic therapist, and coaching) examination, and the specific goals determined by you. It is important to understand our Terms and Conditions and for you to acknowledge that ultimately, it is your responsibility to follow our advice and avoid situations that may aggravate your condition. We acknowledge an infinite number of variables can impact the outcomes of any treatment program.
We are confident that if you follow our recommendations, and any further opinions subsequent to progress reviews that may occur periodically throughout the term of your treatment, then we can help you to achieve positive results.
- We understand that sometimes you may have to cancel an appointment. It is expected that if you cannot keep an appointment with us, that notice is given as soon as possible by calling, emailing, or presenting in person at the practice (and leaving a message if after hours). We require that you contact us at least 24 hours in advance. Appointments are in high demand, and your advance notice will allow another patient access to the appointment time. Appointments canceled with less than a 24-hour notice will incur the full consultation fee. The cost of consultations can be found on our website.
- Call +31 020 8454 934
- Email email@example.com
- If the trainer or a health care professional needs to cancel then they will contact you as soon as possible to inform you. You will be refunded the full consultation fee in this scenario.
Late and Missed Appointments
- If you arrive late to an appointment, but within your appointed time slot, you may receive a shorter consultation in an effort not further inconvenience other clients waiting for their scheduled appointment.
- If you either arrive after or entirely miss an appointment, you will be charged the consultation fee in full. The cost of consultations can be found on our website.
Consent to Treatment
- You hereby request and give consent to our health care professionals to perform necessary examinations, manipulations, therapy, rehabilitation, and medical diagnostic procedures in accordance with their professional training and understanding of your injury.
- You understand that you have an opportunity to discuss with your health care professional, the nature and purpose of your care before any treatment is rendered.
- You acknowledge and accept the following:
- The physical nature of chiropractic, physiotherapy, massage therapy, somatic therapy, mind & bodywork, strength & conditioning training, and related treatments.
- You have the right to see the health care professional of your choice, refuse intervention or seek a further opinion and to provide feedback and make a complaint.
- The adverse risks associated with treatment, including soreness and stiffness, soft tissue injury, neurological complications, cerebrovascular injuries, skin irritations, burns, and other minor complications.
- The probability of risk is lowered by screening procedures.
- Other treatment options exist if the risk of treatment is considered to be high, including medication, medical care, hospitalization, and surgery.
- The risk of remaining untreated includes the formation of adhesions, scar tissue and other degenerative changes. These changes can further reduce skeletal mobility, neurologic function, and induce chronic pain cycles. It is quite probable that delay of treatment will complicate the condition and make future rehabilitation more difficult (costing more money and time).
- The majority of our clients receive our services without the need for a medical or other referral. However, in the event a referral from another practitioner has been given, it is highly recommended that such a referral is provided to the treating health care professional to assist in the continuity of care and our delivery of the most appropriate treatment for the specific case.
Consent to Obtain and Release Information
To expedite the management of your injury or injury claim, you accept it may be necessary to communicate the details of your medical condition with treating practitioners and personal trainers, case managers, and employers.
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you give permission for representatives of We Are WIJS to exchange such information regarding injuries sustained and any significant past medical history, with those people deemed necessary by We Are WIJS.
- The practice shall limit disclosure of Confidential Information within its own organization to having a need to know, including members of your medical team and administrative employers where necessary. The Recipient and affiliates will not disclose the confidential information obtained from the discloser unless required to do so by law.
- The personal and health information you provide during your consultation and subsequent treatment will be collected for the primary purpose of providing high-quality health care.
- Where required by law or if necessary for debt collection reasons, your personal information will be disclosed.
- Thrive uses email, telephone, or in-app communication to keep you up to date with the status of your appointment.
- From time to time we may send you information regarding happenings at your practice via a number of possible ways including email, telephone calls, or via the in-app messenger. Reasons we may contact you include:
• To administer accounts and process payments.
• To communicate with you regarding any issues affecting your treatment.
• Provide information on services and benefits available to Clients.
• Appointment Reminders.
• Appointment Follow-Ups.
- • To notify Clients of promotions and events.
• Marketing and promotional material about new products, services, or special offers.
• Newsletters and updates.
• To provide you with information about the current and future benefits of being a Thrive client.
• Market research or surveys to improve our products and services.
Should you wish not to receive such communications please advise the administration staff via firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may gain access to information held about you by this Clinic by putting your request in writing. Please direct all such correspondence to: email@example.com
- Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is considered consent to receive such communications as outlined above however you may opt-out at any time.
Accounts and Billing
- Please refer to our most recent schedule of fees on our website, for an outline of the services we offer and their associated prices.
- It is expected that all fees are paid in full at the time of consultation. Information regarding insurance can be found below.
- We accept both cash and debit cards. Bank transfer is also possible upon request.
- Health Insurance rebates (electronic or otherwise) can only be claimed after the service has been received and paid for. In the instance of purchasing treatment packages, rebates will only be available once the treatment package has been completed.
- It is your responsibility to confirm with your insurer in advance to what degree your care is covered by your insurance policy. In many cases, you are required to pay for a part of the services on your own.
- Thrive has no contracts with insurers. The Chiropractors at Thrive Chiropractic are members of the SCN (Stichting Chiropractie Nederland) and NCA (Nederlandse Chiropractie Associatie) or DCF (Dutch Chiropractic Federation). This means if your insurance does reimburse chiropractic services, we are certified for reimbursement.
- Again, it is your responsibility to declare your treatment to your insurer yourself. Insurers apply varying rates, so if you have a policy, please check your policy conditions. Please check with your health care professional (chiropractor, physiotherapist, etc) for updates in regards to insurance reimbursement.
- We ask that you pay straight away after your treatment. We will then send you an invoice which you can declare to your insurer.
Exclusion of Liability
The Practice Director and employees of this Practice shall not be liable for, nor shall they accept any responsibility for any injury, loss, or damage however sustained by any person or persons arising out of any of the treatments or procedures delivered in this Practice or in any way whatsoever which does not arise from any negligent act or omission of the Practice Director and employees.
What to expect from your Health Care Professional assessment
During your initial consultation, your Health Care Professional will ask you some questions about your medical history, symptoms, previous treatments, and will then ask to assess the problem area. In order to properly assess you, your Health Care Professional may need to see the affected area.
If you feel uncomfortable about the examination, you can bring someone with you or ask us to arrange a chaperone to be present during the examination. Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have at any time during your session, your Health Care Professional will be more than happy to explain things to you.
After your assessment, your Health Care Professional will discuss their findings with you and propose a treatment plan tailored specifically to your own goals. The care plan will help give an estimate of costs for your care. Please note that it is not always possible to give an exact estimate for the care you receive at the clinic and the total costs may depend on a number of factors, including any other conditions you have.